Azerbaijan’s economy is enjoying a prolonged and steady growth, and this is creating ideal conditions for the development of the country’s HoReCa industry.
The country is among the region’s most promising in terms of investment, due to:
- An advantageous geographical location
- Well-developed infrastructure
- A favorable business environment
- Rich natural resources
- A welcoming climate and a welcoming people
- Economic and financial stability
HOREX Caucasus is an event for hospitality professionals - a platform for leading representatives of the industry to meet with suppliers and producers of equipment, fixtures and fittings, products and services for restaurants, cafes, hotels, and resorts.
The positive impact on the development of tourism in Azerbaijan was made by the years of political stability and economic development together with the traditional Azerbaijani hospitality, as well as presence of abundant resources and favorable location on the crossroads of Eurasia with the best infrastructure in the region. During 5 years the number of hotels doubled.
A number of world known international hotel chains as Sheraton, Four Seasons, Hilton, Marriott, Fairmont, Kempinski, Jumeirah opened in Azerbaijan.
There are a lot of projects planned to be realized in next several years, including construction of tourism resorts, hotel and business centers, health and recreation centers. Total cost of projects is 528 mln. USD.
There is 32% of growth of total number of visitors to the country in last 5 years.
FACTS ABOUT HOREX Caucasus 2013:
- 3406 professional visitors;
- 86% of exhibitors stated that they had been successful in establishing contacts for future sales;
- 79% of exhibitors stated that their overall objectives had been met;
- 63% stated that their visitors’ quality met their expectations;
- 81% of exhibitors confirmed they come back next year.
Exhibitors by country
5 reasons to exhibit at HOREX Caucasus:
- It is a major international hospitality event for the South Caucasus and Caspian regions
- The number of tourists visiting Azerbaijan has grown by 32% to 2.5 million over the last five years
- From 262 in 2005, the number of hotels in the country had doubled to 508 by 2012, with 46 more tourist facilities still under construction. The number of beds has increased from 6,000 to 31,000 in the last 10 years, 15,000 of which are in Baku
- Seven luxury hotels opened in Baku in 2011 and 2012: Four Seasons, Hilton, Marriott, Kempinski, Jumeirah, Fairmont, and Sheraton
- The tourism industry grew by 19% in the first half of 2012, with $95m being invested in it. New resorts, complexes, hotels, and business centers are all planned for construction in the next few years